Rules & Regulations
Mrs. J. Innella 2017 – 2018
GENERAL CLASSROOM RULES & REGULATIONS
(I) MY GENERAL PRINCIPLES:
1) Be respectful and polite to others
2) Be responsible for oneself
3) Be prepared and give 100% every day
4) Attend class, on time, every day
(II) YOUR QUARTER GRADE CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING (3) ITEMS:
1) “Quizzes”: These assessments will vary in value but are generally between 30–70 points. Quizzes can be given any day of the week, but will always be announced ahead of time.
2) “Tests”: These assessments cover material from an entire unit and will have a value of 100 points. They are given at the end of a chapter. A chapter test will have a value of 100 points; they can only be given on Monday (math test day) or Wednesday (open test day), but will be announced ahead of time.
Note: The dates of both the “Quizzes” and “Tests” are always available to the student and can be found in various locations. The easiest of which would be to always refer to the hand-out entitled “Record of Approx. Dates Record of Quizzes & Tests” as ALL dates can be found there. Other options to locate dates: classroom black/white board, classroom bulletin board, classroom hand-out during each individual chapter, and my teacher website, as well.
3) “Homework/Participation/Effort”: This will be assigned by the
teacher, at the very end of each marking period. Every student will begin each
marking period with a grade of 50/50 points; as we progress through the
quarter, this homework/participation/effort grade will be adjusted
accordingly by the teacher, depending upon the following: Homework completed with all supporting work shown, Classroom preparedness, and Classroom contributions. This grade will also reflect how engaged you are in your own learning....so you nee to contribute in some way!
(III) CLASSROOM RULES/EXPECTATIONS & CONSEQUENCES:
1) Be prepared every day. This includes having: pen, notebook, previous days' lecture notes and hand-outs, graphing calculator, homework, etc. In order to get the most out of each lesson, all of these items must be with you, at your desk and ready, each and every day. Consequence: Loss of points on your "Homework/Participation/Effort" grade.
2) Be on time, every day. This means being at your desk when the bell rings ready to begin class. Please Note: a “pink pass” from the Main Office simply allows you into the classroom…. you are still considered “late to class”! If a teacher has kept you after his/her class to speak with you, please bring a pass from that teacher... that is fine. Consequence: Loss of points on your "Homework/Participation/Effort" grade.
3) Make every effort to attend class every day. This means your “seat-
time” in the classroom is very important. (Even if you could attend a
different period, that is fine, too!) When you are not in class,
for whatever reason, (such as: signing in late, signing out early,
going to an appointment, attending a college visitation, illness, any reason
at all) that hinders the learning process!
THIS IS WHY IF YOU ARE ABSENT FOR ANY OF THE SITUATIONS
LISTED BELOW, YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF THE CONSEQUENCES:
(a) If you are absent from class on the day of a lecture:
You are responsible for all work missed; this includes getting the notes from a
fellow classmate, AS WELL AS seeing me (in the morning of the day of your return to school) BEFORE YOU COME TO MATH CLASS, so I can give you any hand-outs you may have missed.
(b) If you are absent on the day of a "quiz":
SAME AS ABOVE!! …but, now you are ALSO responsible for coming in THE
VERY NEXT MORNING (preferably by 7:15 to take that quiz you missed. It will
be waiting for you with your name on it, in a folder labelled "QUIZZES TO BE TAKEN" on my desk in the math office. The reason for this is simple: I make it MY responsibility to return quizzes the very next day to all my students; so, you need to take it before that occurs.) If this is not possible, then:
PRE-CALC CLASS: the test you’ll be taking at the end of the chapter must also be counted for that missed quiz…. Please be sure to see me, if you have any questions about this.
ALG 2 CC HONORS CLASS: the Regents Quiz given at the end of the marking period will count for that missed quiz.
(c) PRE-CALC CLASS: If you are absent on the day of a "CHAPTER TEST": You must take a “Make-Up Test”, which will be specially created and given to you before the quarter end. Please be sure to see me before the final days of the quarter to make arrangements for when you will take that “Make-Up Test.”
(c) ALG 2 CC HONORS CLASS: If you are absent on the day of the "QUARTERLY REGENTS QUIZ": You must take a "Make Up Test", which will be specifically created and given to you, immediately upon your return to school before the quarter end.