My Home Page - 'The greatest reward awaits those who choose wisely' - Walt Disney
Welcome to my classroom website!
I know how much you care about your child's success in school, and I'd like to offer some simple home suggestions that can make a big difference.
- Please ask your child every day what he or she has learned at school. Don't accept the traditional response, "Nothing". I can assure you that there will never be a day in our classroom this year when children learn nothing!
- Make time each day to read together for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Have books in your home for your child.
- Point out and discuss print in your daily environment (breakfast cereal boxes, grocery stores, post office, etc).
- Take a weekly visit to the public library together.
- Provide your child with a variety of writing materials, including pencils, crayons, markers, paper, and stationary.
- Encourage your child's academic efforts by supporting and praising him or her. Children are motivated if they believe you value their efforts.
Together we can do our best to make sure your child has a successful and rewarding school year.