Student Council Election
2018-2019 Elected Officials for the Jr. High
7th Grade Vice President – Saami Ali
8th Grade Vice President – Brooke Antolin
Jr. High President – Amanda Nemshin
Congratulations to all that participated
Procedures for running for office
1. Each candidate must complete the candidate application form to become eligible to run for Student Council. The Election application can be found on the Jr. High page of the school website, in the Jr. High Office, and with Mr. Schiffmacher.
2. When petitions are returned to Mr. Schiffmacher, students will be officially registered as candidates for office.
3. All applications are due to Mr. Schiffmacher by Thursday, September 29th.
4. All applicants MUST attend a meeting on Thursday, September 29th after school to discuss the responsibilities of candidates and officers.
5. Campaign posters may ONLY be hung on the walls of the Junior High Wing and Cafeteria B. Mr. Schiffmacher or Mr. Monastero must approve and sign all posters before they can be hung up.
6. The election assembly speeches for grade 7 and 8 will be held during each of the lunch periods on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 for 8th grade and Thursday, October 13, 2016 for 7th grade. The election speech of each candidate must be approved by Mr. Schiffmacher or Mr. Monastero before it can be delivered.
7. The election of officers will be held during homeroom, Friday, October 14th.
8. Good luck to all!
THE OFFICES TO BE SELECTED ARE AS FOLLOWS:
PRESIDENT (1) - MUST BE IN 8TH GRADE
VICE-PRESIDENT (2) -1 FROM EACH GRADE
SECRETARY (2) -1 FROM EACH GRADE
TREASURER (2) -1 FROM EACH GRADE
SAC ADVISORS (2) -1 FROM EACH GRADE
Note: Student supporters may only sign ONE petition for each office.