My Home Page
Family and Consumer Sciences, FACS - Career and Technical Education, CTE
What is Family and Consumer Sciences Career and Technical Education?
"Career and technical education is a kindergarten through adult area of study that includes rigorous academic content closely aligned with career and technical subjects ... The CDOS Learning Standards serve as the framework for CTE" CR 100.1 (i)
The Middle Level Current Regulation for CTE (includes FACS) is 1 3/4 units for Middle School (1.75 credit/hours)
STUDENTS PLEASE SEE CANVAS FOR ASSIGNMENTS AND INFO
CTE FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCES
GET THE FACS!!!
Family and Consumer Science courses prepare students with life skills that are necessary to lead productive and healthy lives. FACS is a progressive program connecting core subject knowledge with real-world application, preparing students for lifelong success through the 21st Century Learning skills: Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, and Critical Thinking.
FACS courses are based on the CDOS and New York State Standards. An educational program that is focused on building critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and time management. Skills are taught and reinforced throughout each course in individual assignments and in group lab work.
Projects cover a variety of topics within the New York State Family and Consumer Sciences content modules aligned with the CTE Theme Modules:
FACS Content Modules: CTE Theme Modules
1. Nutrition and Wellness 1. Career & Community Opportunities
2. Food Production & Systems 2. Financial & Consumer Literacy
3. Human Development & Relationships 3. Health, Safety, & Wellness
4. Individual Growth & Life Readiness 4. Communication (Interpersonal Relationships)
5. Apparel & Textile Production & Design 5. Sustainability
6. Environment Design & Management 6. Problem Solving & Innovation
* FACS curriculum aligns with the CDOS Standards and the National and NYS FACS Standards! *
Home and Careers 7
Home and Careers 8
Culinary Arts I and II
Fashion, Clothing, and Textiles
Introduction to Nutritional Science and Dietetics
Contact Ms. Georgiou at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Extra Help is available by appointment