Degrees and Certifications:
Cold Spring Harbor Jr./Sr. HS Social Studies Department
Kerin Moser - Director of Humanities
Phone: (631) 367-6886
- To encourage in students a love of knowledge in itself and as a means of becoming informed and active citizens in a democratic society.
- To establish in students an understanding of how the past has helped shape the world of today.
- To create in students an awareness and appreciation of cultural diversity and interdependence on local, national and global levels.
- To develop in students an understanding of the philosophical basis and nature of the political and socio-economic systems which exist in the contemporary world.
- To provide a learning environment that encourages students to think critically and analytically.
- To expose students to diverse teaching methods and styles as well as to a variety of learning experiences.
- To develop in students the ability to communicate clearly and comprehensively in speech and writing.
- To develop in students basic social science skills, including the use of long-distance learning technology, as a means of enabling them to study and understand better the world around them.
- To help prepare students to function successfully at an academically competitive university.
- To encourage department members to keep abreast of new developments in teaching methodology and the social sciences.
Social Studies Department Staff, Course and Contact Information
Teacher Courses Email Address Dr. Michael Andrews AP World History; Tournament Debate; Public Affairs; Mysteries in History; Economics firstname.lastname@example.org Ms. Caryn Athanasio AP Psychology, Psychology, US History Regents email@example.com Ms. Danielle Beach Global History and Geography II Regents firstname.lastname@example.org Mr. Jeffrey Cootner Social Studies 7; Social Studies 8 email@example.com Mr. Richard Greeney AP United States History; Mysteries in History firstname.lastname@example.org Ms. Allison Halloran Pre-AP World History; AP European History; Global History & Geography I Regents email@example.com Mr. Vincent Natale AP US Government & Politics; Global History & Geography I Regents; Public Affairs; Constitutional Law firstname.lastname@example.org Mr. Anthony Pesca AP Economics, Economics; Professional Sports email@example.com Mr. Brian Schiffmacher AP Human Geography; Global History & Geography I Regents firstname.lastname@example.org Mr. Christopher Topping Social Studies 7; Social Studies 8 email@example.com