Degrees and Certifications:
Cold Spring Harbor Jr./Sr. HS Social Studies Department
Kerin Moser - Director of Humanities
Phone: (631) 367-6886
- To encourage in students a love of knowledge in itself and as a means of becoming informed and active citizens in a democratic society.
- To establish in students an understanding of how the past has helped shape the world of today.
- To create in students an awareness and appreciation of cultural diversity and interdependence on local, national and global levels.
- To develop in students an understanding of the philosophical basis and nature of the political and socio-economic systems which exist in the contemporary world.
- To provide a learning environment that encourages students to think critically and analytically.
- To expose students to diverse teaching methods and styles as well as to a variety of learning experiences.
- To develop in students the ability to communicate clearly and comprehensively in speech and writing.
- To develop in students basic social science skills, including the use of long-distance learning technology, as a means of enabling them to study and understand better the world around them.
- To help prepare students to function successfully at an academically competitive university.
- To encourage department members to keep abreast of new developments in teaching methodology and the social sciences.
Social Studies Department Staff, Course and Contact Information 2021-2022
Teacher Courses Email Address Dr. Michael Andrews AP World History; Tournament Debate; Public Affairs; Mysteries in History; Economics email@example.com Ms. Caryn Athanasio AP Psychology, Psychology, US History Regents firstname.lastname@example.org Ms. Danielle Beach Global History and Geography II Regents email@example.com Mr. Jeffrey Cootner Social Studies 7; Social Studies 8 firstname.lastname@example.org Mr. Richard Greeney AP United States History; Mysteries in History email@example.com Ms. Allison Halloran Pre-AP World History; AP European History; Global History & Geography I Regents firstname.lastname@example.org Mr. Vincent Natale AP US Government & Politics; Global History & Geography I Regents; Public Affairs; Constitutional Law email@example.com Mr. Anthony Pesca AP Economics, Economics; Professional Sports firstname.lastname@example.org Mr. Brian Schiffmacher AP Human Geography; Global History & Geography I Regents email@example.com Mr. Christopher Topping Social Studies 7; Social Studies 8 firstname.lastname@example.org