Degrees and Certifications:
Cold Spring Harbor Jr./Sr. HS Social Studies Department
TBD - Director of Humanities
Email: email@example.com Please contact Ms. LaGattuda with questions.
- To encourage in students a love of knowledge in itself and as a means of becoming informed and active citizens in a democratic society.
- To establish in students an understanding of how the past has helped shape the world of today.
- To create in students an awareness and appreciation of cultural diversity and interdependence on local, national and global levels.
- To develop in students an understanding of the philosophical basis and nature of the political and socio-economic systems which exist in the contemporary world.
- To provide a learning environment that encourages students to think critically and analytically.
- To expose students to diverse teaching methods and styles as well as to a variety of learning experiences.
- To develop in students the ability to communicate clearly and comprehensively in speech and writing.
- To develop in students basic social science skills, including the use of long-distance learning technology, as a means of enabling them to study and understand better the world around them.
- To help prepare students to function successfully at an academically competitive university.
- To encourage department members to keep abreast of new developments in teaching methodology and the social sciences.