Since 1711 there have been seven different school buildings in the Village of Lloyd Harbor. This may seem surprising since the total area is only 9 square miles. Some were one room schoolhouses that are no longer standing. In 2010, only Lloyd Harbor School, located on School Lane, remains as a working school.
Some of the information was obtained from Tales of Old Lloyd Harbor by George P. Hunt and the Lloyd Harbor Village Book Committee, Walter D. Kolos, Lloyd Harbor Village Historian, and Leland M. Hairr and the Trustees of the Incorporated Village of Lloyd Harbor.
Updated Fall 2010
To read about the Lloyd Harbor schools, click on the links below.